SailNet Community banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Matt and I met with Clinton Pearson and Halsey Herreshoff on Friday to go over the 4 day event schedule in detail and confirm their attendance. In our next news letter we will be releasing the event Program. The video is in it's entirety and a bit rough and long, 1.5 hours. But it has some great interaction between Clint and Halsey, at one point they talked about Ted Hood. If I can find the time I will edit the video and pull out some highlights and do a short video.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I've recently come across a picture of me sailing my Bristol 24 (my first boat) in New York harbor that was seen coast to coast live on the TODAY SHOW back on July 4th 1986. Which was the 100th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty. I'll try and send you a copy by PM with the particulars how it happened. Still have many fond memories of that Bristol including sailing it up from Long Island to visit the factory to pick up a replacement part.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Any chance to post it here? I would love to see that photo.

I've recently come across a picture of me sailing my Bristol 24 (my first boat) in New York harbor that was seen coast to coast live on the TODAY SHOW back on July 4th 1986. Which was the 100th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty. I'll try and send you a copy by PM with the particulars how it happened. Still have many fond memories of that Bristol including sailing it up from Long Island to visit the factory to pick up a replacement part.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Less that 4 weeks left to register for the event! Great job getting sponsors for the event Matthew Thomson and Jeanette Berger!

Sponsors to date:

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Another clarification is needed. I just had a guy ask if he was registered for the event. If you have not mailed in the registration form and a check, then no you are not registered. Three weeks left to register, deadline is 6/1/2016.

http://tinyurl.com/Bristol50thINFO

·
bell ringer
4,804 Posts
Is there going to be another get together next year to cerebrate being closed for 20 years?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Is there going to be another get together next year to cerebrate being closed for 20 years?
So Don, let me see if I have this straight? You are disrespecting Clinton Pearson for his life long commitment to the yachting industry? Because he is not a great business man? You are going to disrespect Ted Hood, primary designer, Carl Alberg, John Alden, Dieter Empacher, Paul Coble, Halsey Herreshoff, Charles Swain, David Pedrick?

There is not call for your sarcasm! Go back to Sailing Anarchy where you belong.

Reactions: Don L

·
bell ringer
4,804 Posts
So Don, let me see if I have this straight? You are disrespecting Clinton Pearson for his life long commitment to the yachting industry? Because he is not a great business man? You are going to disrespect Ted Hood, primary designer, Carl Alberg, John Alden, Dieter Empacher, Paul Coble, Halsey Herreshoff, Charles Swain, David Pedrick?

There is not call for your sarcasm! Go back to Sailing Anarchy where you belong.
You can get whatever you desire out of it. But there is no 50th anniversary. There may be a "it was 50 years ago" thing.

·
Less Senior Senior Member
1,445 Posts

You can get whatever you desire out of it. But there is no 50th anniversary. There may be a "it was 50 years ago" thing.
50th anniversary of the Royal Albert Hall concert recently. Or is it just that it happened 50 years ago?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
As you should already know, the USCGA will be doing a voluntary safety inspection on Saturday, June 25, I have set up a time slot sign-up sheet and would like you to tell me what time you would like this done for your boat (give or take 30 minutes)? We will be posting this to the Bristol public boating community and want Bristoleers to get the first shot at the time slots. Slots run every 30 minutes starting at 9:00 am until 4:00 pm at the BYC and BM. 4 slots are available for each 30 minutes. They will have 4 inspector teams. Keep in mind that if you are racing, the Bristol Race around Hog Island, start time is 11:00 am and should end by 1:00 pm, leave yourself an hour before the race starts to get ready for the race.

·
Catalina 400 MKII
818 Posts
Eric,

Hope you have a great event! You've obviously worked hard to put it together. I've loved the Bristol Yachts for many years. Well Done!

Scotty

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Last call for anyone wanting to join the Bristol Yachts 50th Anniversary Reunion or adding someone to your registration! This is your last chance! Send me an email or message ([email protected]). I need to know by Sunday at the latest if you will be coming. If you can't download the registration forms I will email them to you. Forms can be found here http://tinyurl.com/Bristol50thINFO. I need the form filled out and emailed to me by Sunday 6/5/16. You can mail me a check next week. I hope you can make it! So far we have 117 people attending and 28 boats sailing in!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Update on getting mooring rentals. BYC is book solid. You need to make a reservation for the remaining places. http://www.dockwa.com

21 - 40 of 40 Posts