SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had just started my motor and was getting ready to drop my sails and notice my backstay was acting really strange looking around i saw that my head stay was no longer attached to my spirit .
i grabbed a piece of rope and ran it through the turn buckle and tied it back down to the deck and then yanked down my genoa and dropped the main .

dont think i have any damage to my mast but i will be lowering it and replacing all the standing and running gear ,while it's down i will replace the lighting cable and install a mast head light and vhf antenna ..

i am going to have to mail order new standing gear as no one anywhere near me does this .
can you recomend anyone for mail order and give me any tips on the best way to do this
tia
SS

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Just saw this. Go to rigging only. They have good stuff at good prices. Pack up everything and ship it to them, then work with them on the phone to choose exactly what you want.
Another approach would be to order mechanical fittings like Norseman, turnbuckles and wire and then do the job yourself. Some people recommend having swagged fittings at the mast and mechanical fittings at the deck. But talk to them, I think you will like their service.
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.