SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Interesting find and good to know. They do look exactly like those we have on Jo Beth.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am pretty sure New Found Metals built and supplied the Bronze Oval Portlights to Pacific Seacraft.

For a few years after the switch whenever I would stop and talk with the owner of New Found Metals and mention I had a Crealock 37 he would go on for awhile about how he felt he got screwed by the old Pacific Seacraft and mention one individual by name. Talked to him briefly at the Annapolis Boat Show last week and he did not bring up the story.

The switch was made around the time that production moved from Costa Mesa/Newport to Fullerton.

Crazy Fish was build in 1989 and we had the option of the oval ports or the more
rectangular ports went with the rectangular ports. Also had the option of going with 3 large and 2 small ports per side or 2 large and 3 small ports and went with the 3 large and 2 small.

Marc Hall
Crazy Fish - Maintaining, Upgrading and Sailing a Crealock 37

·
Registered
95 Posts
They do look like the same design, mine is outfitted with ovals. They're very basic, but solid. These look like they have some thumbscrews or something for the screens, like you said, Bill.

Hoping mine live a long, wholesome life, with a steady diet of seawater, rain, and sun. Bustin rocks here, and missing the boat!

Sent from my iSomething using Tapatalk
Please forgive typos and commas

·
Registered
95 Posts
Has anyone ever had an accident on these ports? I've thought about wearing a helmet in a seaway, having at least one near miss with my head/face.

Sent from my iSomething using Tapatalk
Please forgive typos and commas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts