SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
OK, you learned about "Butt Flaps" on the internet. You expect us to go research this for ourselves and then answer your question? I have no idea what you're talking about.

·
Freedom isn't free
3,284 Posts
you know silly me I googled it, and you'd be surprised... most were references to PJs Norman Rockwell era... the others well, not a pretty picture. I'll just say it was in the urban dictionary. Thanks for the actual link. By the way you referenced butt flap not bum flap, a distinction of splitting hairs but a difference just the same, that could be the source of my failure in google search though.

So this would be a "seat" you bring with you, I suppose?

·
Old enough to know better
4,354 Posts
you know silly me I googled it, and you'd be surprised... most were references to PJs Norman Rockwell era... the others well, not a pretty picture. I'll just say it was in the urban dictionary. Thanks for the actual link. By the way you referenced butt flap not bum flap, a distinction of splitting hairs but a difference just the same, that could be the source of my failure in google search though.

So this would be a "seat" you bring with you, I suppose?
I think the difference is significant. I have seen some of the foul weather gear have something like this built in. But I don't think I would wear that in site of anyone! And I am not vain. I find if I expect to be in foul weather I wear my hiking/rock climbing pants as they are nylon and dry very fast.

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
I could see the advantage of using this in a match race. The competition would laugh so hard as to be distracted from their race.

It looks perhaps practical.... but too far out there for me. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.