SailNet Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a Butt Lift??? I saw a sailboat label sheet with a tag that had butt Lift on it. I recognized everything else but haven't a clue about Butt Lift. It is not in Chapmans or two other publications.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
I have a foggy memory of that term being used in reference to the control line that adjusts the inboard end of the spinnaker pole where it slides on the mast track.

But I could be completely wrong on that...

·
Registered
309 Posts
My vague recollection matches yours, JRP.

The butt is the end of the spinnaker pole that attaches to the mast. A butt lift system positions the butt along the mast.

·
Registered
801 Posts
hehehe

I need a butt lift on my boat to get the rear off the trailer so I can drop the keel and clean and paint it. hehe

(That's what I envisioned when you posted the title) haha

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Don't you mean you need a butt lift to get you out of your computer chair and out there dropping the keel and painting it... ;) :D
hehehe

I need a butt lift on my boat to get the rear off the trailer so I can drop the keel and clean and paint it. hehe

(That's what I envisioned when you posted the title) haha

·
Registered
801 Posts
Don't you mean you need a butt lift to get you out of your computer chair and out there dropping the keel and painting it... ;) :D

Nope. lol

I lift my butt up several times a day, for chores, real work (at work) and real work (at home) and I work out 3-5 times a week.

Plus I routinely have to climb my tower for antenna work....

:)

(On the other hand.... it's too cold to paint right now anyway. LOL!)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
My question is how does RV boy know about that... oh, yeah, he's a redneck ;) any one hearing dueling banjos when they call Cam???

·
Registered
515 Posts
So how did grst146 post so many spam messages without being banned?
I've never really thought that sailnet has the most renown moderation (no offense intended, just going by the shear amount of 'ignore' and other off topic type threads scattered everywhere but off topic) but never run across one with so many links for games in it.

Ken.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
they're obviously passed out drunk and slacking.... unlike Cam, who was dedicated to moderation in all things. :D
No mods are around to push the EASY button. The posts have been reported.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts