SailNet Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Bombay Explorer 44
3,619 Posts
I'm in Dominica right now - $40EC (about US$13) for a fill using a garden hose at a mooring with no limit, you can fill all the tanks plus wash the boat.
St. Barths - 15Euros for 1 cubic meter (1000 liters, or about 250 gallons) at the docks.
Hey where is the mooring buoy with the hose in Dominica?

I usually fill up in Dominica but at the Cabrits cruise ship dock. Bit of a PITA to moor there. Price is right though 15 $ EC [ 6$ US] for 500 galls.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
TQA - I just visited some friends on a catamaran who were filling up at the mooring ball with the hose not more than 10 minutes ago. It is bright yellow , close ashore and almost in front of the restaurant with the wooden pier - not the Purple Turtle/PAYS dock but the next one towards town. There are waves breaking at the Cabrits dock today as there's a bit of a north swell and 20 knots of wind, so they didn't choose the cheaper dock option and I am going to wait a couple of days before going there to fill up on diesel, luckily I don't need water but the diesel is quite inexpensive and I need about 800l.

·
Bombay Explorer 44
3,619 Posts
Good directions, I should find the ball easily. Sounds like it is off either Blue Bay or Big Papas.

If I use the Cabrits dock I dink out with my mooring lines and drape them over the giant tires to make docking there a less stressful business. Then I have to dink out again to retrieve them. As I said a PITA but safer than relying on the security guard or scrambling over the giant tires, esp if there is a swell running.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
TQA - I checked last night, the single mooring ball with the garden hose filling station is actually just past the Blue Bay dock looking towards town. I am going to dive the cruise ship dock today and check out the dock with regards to how I'm going to tie up without damaging my boat, thanks for that heads-up.

·
Bombay Explorer 44
3,619 Posts
TQA - I checked last night, the single mooring ball with the garden hose filling station is actually just past the Blue Bay dock looking towards town. I am going to dive the cruise ship dock today and check out the dock with regards to how I'm going to tie up without damaging my boat, thanks for that heads-up.
One way and how I do it. If you have a fender board rig it amidships and balance on the central tire. For some bizarre reason it sticks out beyond the others.

Be real cautious if tempted to go on the inside. Lots of protruding bolt heads.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts