SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching for over a year and actually driving 600 miles to look at a boat, Star #6295 has popped up for sale practically right down the street.

All the standing rigging appears to have been replaced in the last decade, very serviceable. The running rigging is another story; essentially every line would need replaced.

Hull is in decent shape, no major damage. A little bit of superficial spider-webbing around the mast gate. Doubled floored cockpit but the hull bottom has been painted.

3 mains and 2 jibs in very serviceable condition.

Boat is a 1978 Lippincott. How much should I realistically expect to pay for this boat? Ive seen a few Lippincotts for sale anywhere from free to $3-4k. This boat is listed at $1500... In Georgia.... In the middle of the winter.

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,241 Posts
I admired the fleet of Star sailboats that raced on the harbor I grew up next to. Never got to sail on one unfortunately as they look like a lot of fun to sail.
There was a Star listed recently near me also for about $1500. I have no idea what shape it was in though.
Having to replace the running rigging is probably a good thing and might cost 300$? Not much really and it should be good for years.
It is more about the hull and standing rigging and maintenance level of the boat and trailer, if it comes with a trailer.
$1500 sounds like a decent price to me if it comes with a working trailer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts