SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Master & Commander
204 Posts
Easy as others have explained. Your guest will love it. I encourage you to get to the bay as early as you can to maximize your odds of finding an empty mooring. My rule of thumb was also before 2pm in the BVIs. As crowds build, it can get earlier and earlier. Noon should be very safe and very doable from BEYC.
Really depends if you're chartering in low or high season. In low season, there's usually overnight mooring balls available even after 3PM. My only recommendation is if you're planning to visit the Baths on Virgin Gorda, these day moorings fill up fast all year round and it's best to arrive as early as possible, even before 8AM. Rouse your crew up early (or even just motor and let them sleep), get underway and have breakfast after you grab a mooring @ the Baths. An overnight in either Trellis Bay or Cooper Island makes a quick passage to the Baths.

Have fun planning your itinerary. Not soon after your first charter in the BVI, you'll be planning for your second!

·
Master & Commander
204 Posts
Saba Rock is an excellent place to moor.
+1

We always make Saba Rock one of our destinations. As mentioned, the free water and ice well make up for the cost of the overnight mooring fee. If you eat at the restaurant, the regular menu is on the pricey side but request the pub menu. Good food at reasonable prices for the BVI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.