SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Don't call me a "senior"!
968 Posts
Looks a bit like a bathtub on stilts. ;)

Seriously, cool concept. But I wonder how it performs when the water isn't glassy smooth, or a bit of kelp gets tangled around one of the foils, or a foil gets dinged hitting that bar you forgot about.

·
Old enough to know better
4,344 Posts
As much as I love to make fun of jet skies, they really can be fun. If they were only a bit more stable, especially when being towed, so you could use one as a tender they would not be so bad. And what makes them bad is the behavior of the users not the device themselves.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,405 Posts
This has been reported on, a while ago, here; This Might Just Be The Most Ridiculous Personal Watercraft Yet

Of course, there are still a few questions left unadressed by the (otherwise excellent) YouTube ad — like if it would work on anything but a mirror-smooth lake, or how you dock with those hydrofoils on the side, or if your girlfriend will really just sit happily in the back seat, rather than murdering you for spending the college fund [$18K-$28K] on a boat with a hole in the side.

Reactions: mbianka

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks a bit like a bathtub on stilts. ;)

Seriously, cool concept. But I wonder how it performs when the water isn't glassy smooth, or a bit of kelp gets tangled around one of the foils, or a foil gets dinged hitting that bar you forgot about.
Good points. Though it looks like the outboard would hit first if it was at speed. The foils would have to be easily replaced too I would guess. But, would be nice if the also folded up into the body if you just wanted to operate in slow speed and for landing on the shore.

·
Freedom isn't free
3,057 Posts
Cool that'll be fun for me to tow back with my 7.5 2 stroke... you know when the batteries die.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts