SailNet Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr110/philsboat/highwinds016.jpg

This is a boat that was blown off its cradle in high winds last winter.I was at Brockville Y.C. to check my boat when we had 60 mph winds near the end of January.
I had walked by it 5 minutes before when I went to phone the harbourmaster about a power boat that was sitting with the bow on the ground (it's in the background).When I came back out the sailboat had launched itself onto the ice.
It had been on a narrow cradle with a 12x12 under the keel and it had a large loose tarp which looked like a hot air balloon in the high wind.
We had a crane in to pull it out a few days later there were no leaks but the keel was loose enough that you could wiggle it with one hand.

Phil

ps: Sure glad I wasn't walking by when it went

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good thing it fell of in that white foam thing there...
We fill the harbour with that white foam stuff just in case one of the boats gets frisky and wants to go for an early sail.It's great for skating on too!!:laugher
Come by in March and help us drill holes in it so we can drive down the pilings that are lifted clear of the bottom.Makes grown men weep and sweat a lot!

Phil

·
Registered
515 Posts
Here is a link to some pics my daughter sent me early this year, I hate the white stuff, and hibernate as much as possible, she on the other hand loves the stuff because it's so pretty

we get plenty of that white crap, you can have as much as you'd like!

Picasa Web Albums - ken - holland harbor

That's where I spend most of the summer, the light house is on the channel from lake macatowa to the big lake.

Much softer in the summer!

Ken.

Edit: pics were there, but came back and they were gone, so I posted the link.

Think I fixed one of the pics

·
Registered
702 Posts
Why does the sailboat fly away while the motor boat just falls on the bow....im puzzled if mother nature had her priorities straight she would have struck that motor boat with lightning and sent it to hell.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why does the sailboat fly away while the motor boat just falls on the bow....im puzzled if mother nature had her priorities straight she would have struck that motor boat with lightning and sent it to hell.
The really strange thing is the power boat is owned by a lawyer!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts