SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C&C 24 Forestay Broke

The TAMU Sailing Club has a C&C 24, 1974 model. Over the winter break our forestay broke. Luckily nothing was damaged.

Before we can order a forestay we need the exact length, diameter, cable type and what type of crimps we want.

Does anybody have any ideas on how we obtain this infomation? The boat was donated to the club so we do not have any documentation on the boat.

Can you measure a broken cable?

I am a new sailer so I apologize for my ingnorance.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
687 Posts
C&C 24 Forestay Broke

Dan,

Try the group cnc-owners on www.Topica.com

Join this group and post to it. There are a number of C&C 24 owners in that group. Also try www.cncphotoalbum.com There is a lot of information in each of these areas.

Finially you can call south shore yachts in Niagara on the Lake 905 468-4340 There used to be the warranty shop for C&C Yachts and may be able to give you exactly what you need.

Best of luck

Mike Hoyt

·
Registered
1 Posts
C&C 24 Forestay Broke

The forestay size on the C&C 24 is 3/16". The style is 1x19 stainless steel wire. The upper fitting is a marine eye with a 3/8" dia.pin. The lower fitting is a marine eye and a 3/8" dia.toggle.All the standing rigging on the C&C 24 is 3/16" stainless 1x19. You will have to measure the one you have for length. This comes from the owners manual. Nice boat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts