SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am the proud owner of a Laguna Windrose 22' as well and the pop-top is one of my favorite features! Our boat came with two poles that are inserted into the angled "receptacles" on the deck on either side of the mast and the other end of the poles have a flat part with holes that we slide the two long screws that protrude from the top hatch (also used to lock the hatch when it is closed) into. This arrangement prevents the hatch from falling back into the closed position. Hopefully this makes sense; it is tough to describe. Unfortunately I am out of the country at the moment and don't have pics to share.

As for your question about the dodger, our boat also came with a heavy-duty canvas hood-looking thing that is made to go over the hatch when the top is open to keep out the wind/rain etc. and there are snaps around the copmanionway opening that are used to secure it. The snaps are covered by the top hatch when it is closed To be honest though, we have never actually used it so I can't comment on how well it works but it sort of reminds me of something that would be used on a golf cart.

Hopefully this helps; if not, please let me know how I can assist you further; I have gotten great advice in the past on this forum, and I want to share what I can with others...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts