SailNet Community banner
241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I can't recall some of the details of how the cable was routed to go through the hull to the centerboard.

There may have been some kind of tubing (most likely stainless steel) that the cable runs through to the bilge and the "epoxy volcano."

As for the small hole in the bilge that the cables runs through, I just don't know how to deal with that.

As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, this design created a huge issue for owners of Spirit & North American 23s.

Sorry I can't be much help to you regarding this issue.

·
Registered
355 Posts
i do appreciate your help!
i'll eventually come up with a decent idea once i get this thing out the water
If the centerboard is down while in the water, it should fold back up when you guide the boat onto the trailer.

You might want to see if there is a boat lift in your area so that you can see where the cable attaches to the centerboard.

If you don't expect to do a lot of trailer sailing, and have the boat in the water for most of the time, perhaps you can find a way to thread a new cable from the port side lazarette to the centerboard.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Spirit is an North American Yatch's Spirit 23. It is a 23 foot regular Spirit, not a 23k. I have a swing partial keel center board with a pop up cabin top. Please let me know if you need any other informatio to help me out with my Mast hight.
Thanks
Chris
Does anyone have any information of what the mast height from the water line or the "Air Draft" of a North American Spirit 23 with swing keel is? I haven't been able to find this info online. On Sailboat Data they only list the "I" height of 25' under "Rig and Sail Particulars" but as I understand it the "I" height is only from the deck to the top of the mast not from the waterline. I have a 28' bridge that I have to clear and need to figure out what the mast height from the water line is. Thanks for any help anyone can give! -Justin-

241 - 247 of 247 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.