SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The difference between the two is the MEMBERS OF SAILNET HAVE LET HIM BECOME .......FISHFOOD.

SHAME ON YOU ALLL..................
Hangs my head in shamp...feeds printer...:)
I feal better......
mark

·
Registered
994 Posts
Mark

I don't think anyone that has posted on the related threads would ever consider feeding Cam, CD, or Jeff to the fishes. He made his decision in private, without consulting anyone to my knowledge. I think we are all saddened by his decision, but we respect it. Likewise, we do not agree with Tartan's strong arm tactics, but do respect the decision of SailNet to not risk having to cut jobs over this.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark

I don't think anyone that has posted on the related threads would ever consider feeding Cam, CD, or Jeff to the fishes. He made his decision in private, without consulting anyone to my knowledge. I think we are all saddened by his decision, but we respect it. Likewise, we do not agree with Tartan's strong arm tactics, but do respect the decision of SailNet to not risk having to cut jobs over this.

So did i miss something here?
Tartan is a MAJOR DOLLAR SIGHN IN SAILNET?
cONFUSED...EXPLAIN IN SIMLPLE MINDED TERMS.....
Mark

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Search,
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=193020

No adds,,,,,,,,
So i do not understand BUSINESS.....Explain in simple truck driver terms that a REAM OF PAPER HANDED OUT From 20 TO 50 PEOPLE AT ANAPOLIS OR CHICAGO could not pressure them into.....whatever..Conservitive on the 20/50.

I understand the THREAT OF SOMEONE LOOSING THERE JOB AT SAILNET....

Does TARTAN understand how many of US have PRINTERS?
Mark
And are willing to use them?

Tartan Yachts Model

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Umm... We wouldn't feed Cam to the fishes, as he is toxic to sealife... :) We'd consider feeding CD to the fishes... but they have better taste than to eat him... ;) Jeff is quiet...we'll keep him around—at least until they find someone to replace Cam. :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Umm... We wouldn't feed Cam to the fishes, as he is toxic to sealife... :) We'd consider feeding CD to the fishes... but they have better taste than to eat him... ;) Jeff is quiet...we'll keep him around—at least until they find someone to replace Cam. :)
Sir,
Humor in this case might make the masses go away.....but i am still going to ANAPOLIS AND CHICAGO with my 2 reams of paper.........

Shame on you all...
Mark

PS...Still waiting for this STUPID TRUCK DRIVERS ubnderstanding of ADDS!!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
36 views....2 replies.....
Makes me wonder why i even bother.One man can not change the world.......

Printer is still running......

TARTAN??? Do you care?
Mark

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Mark,

You might by yourself cause tartan to notice but not care. 20 or 30 people printing will only piss them off and start more law suits. It will not make a difference with the Sailnet situation.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
This is what I posted to their website along with my full name and contact information. I'm the guy they need to impress as I could be a customer.

I am the exact demographic you are trying to reach. I am over 50 years old and have my own business and have been sharing some older boats for a couple of years now. I really don’t know enough about the problem over at sailnet.com, where your president has apparently asked for some postings to be removed, to make an informed decision as to what happened.
Here is what I think I do know:
v There is some kind of alleged problem with some of your boats.
v A lot of people are really upset about it.
v Sailnet.com hosted a thread about what these people said.
v That thread is no longer on sailnet
v (our favorite moderator who has helped me and thousands of others) has felt the need to resign.
v Everyone on sailnet is now aware of what is going on. I didn’t know about it before but I do now.

I have customers too and have been around sailors enough to know that sometimes people’s expectations do not match up with any kind of possible reality. We need your side of the story.
<O:p
We are a remarkably close community. The more this problem is forced into the shadows and the memory is that, there is some problem with Tartan’s, the worse it will be for all of us.The only way to fix this is to immediately ask Sailnet to repost the thread in its entirety and for a representative of your company to post the “facts” as you see them.

An open forthright description of the problem and what boats it affects and what you are doing about it is the only way to protect the used Tartan boat market and future sails of new boats. There are too many people that know too little for this to go away.

At this time since this has become an issue I would not consider any Tartan of any age. This issue, as vague as it is, and the name Tartan is connected in my mind and probably thousands of others, with an unresolved issue.

You owe it to your potential customers to let us have the whole truth. The only way to do that is on the public forms because that is a venue we have come to trust.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what I posted to their website along with my full name and contact information. I'm the guy they need to impress as I could be a customer.

I am the exact demographic you are trying to reach. I am over 50 years old and have my own business and have been sharing some older boats for a couple of years now. I really don’t know enough about the problem over at sailnet.com, where your president has apparently asked for some postings to be removed, to make an informed decision as to what happened.
Here is what I think I do know:
v There is some kind of alleged problem with some of your boats.
v A lot of people are really upset about it.
v Sailnet.com hosted a thread about what these people said.
v That thread is no longer on sailnet
v (our favorite moderator who has helped me and thousands of others) has felt the need to resign.
v Everyone on sailnet is now aware of what is going on. I didn’t know about it before but I do now.

I have customers too and have been around sailors enough to know that sometimes people’s expectations do not match up with any kind of possible reality. We need your side of the story.
<O:p
We are a remarkably close community. The more this problem is forced into the shadows and the memory is that, there is some problem with Tartan’s, the worse it will be for all of us.The only way to fix this is to immediately ask Sailnet to repost the thread in its entirety and for a representative of your company to post the “facts” as you see them.

An open forthright description of the problem and what boats it affects and what you are doing about it is the only way to protect the used Tartan boat market and future sails of new boats. There are too many people that know too little for this to go away.

At this time since this has become an issue I would not consider any Tartan of any age. This issue, as vague as it is, and the name Tartan is connected in my mind and probably thousands of others, with an unresolved issue.

You owe it to your potential customers to let us have the whole truth. The only way to do that is on the public forms because that is a venue we have come to trust.

Sir,
Thank you for posting this,

I sent them something similer but not so well worded....Still no reply from them!!!!
Mark

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Of course, the Streisand effect is starting to kick in and Tartan/C&C/Novis/Jackett are probably going to be regretting strong-arming Sailnet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts