Need room in driveway

Needs interior and mainsail
Has jib sails
Swing kehl
Trailer in great shape.
Will consider trades
Sails worth $500 on there own
Best offer takes it.

I'm kind of leaning toward a MacGregor 222... But some things don't line up... Like the cockpit near the cabin... It lacks curve...
Thanks for the help.

·
19,489 Posts
Not a MacGregor - too much curvature in the sheer. Any chance you can find an HIN number on the transom somewhere? Any idea of the year?

Reactions: bigdogandy

·
Bring On The Wind
281 Posts
I was discussing this very boat with some people the other night, I'm thinking it is a Southcoast 22 based on the windows, cabin front and pop top frame.

·
19,489 Posts
I was discussing this very boat with some people the other night, I'm thinking it is a Southcoast 22 based on the windows, cabin front and pop top frame.
Could be... here's another:

Most other images include a window in the cabin front.. but this looks like a match.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not seen the boat in person. Those are the only photos I have until buddy gets back to me. I'm not sure he knows what it is... It has a swing kehl though...
I posted this same question on the macgregorsaiors.com site under the trailer sailors section. So far Were all stumped...
Here is a picture that looks bang on...http://sailbrownscreek.com/Images/classifieds/Hannah's Sailboat.jpg
It says M22 on the sail. But you know kids now a days. They'll put anything on a sail...
Here is another picture from sailboatdata.com Mac22 MACGREGOR 22 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com
Is that close or what?

·
19,489 Posts
I have not seen the boat in person. Those are the only photos I have until buddy gets back to me. I'm not sure he knows what it is... It has a swing keel though...
It says M22 on the sail. But you know kids now a days. They'll put anything on a sail...

Is that close or what?
Not close... quite sure that the boat in question is a South Coast 22, as Catman suggested. It could have a sail from an M22, but that doesn't make it one.

Compare the picture I posted (red hull) above to your original.. THAT looks close.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The South Coast 22 looks like it may be the one.
One thing is the stern rail on the one I posted in the first post. The SC22 looks like the sides of the cockpit slope down towards the aft section. You can't really tell form the photos but I think that this boat doesn't do that. It has the aft rail too.
What about the chain plates? There's two on each side of this boat?
I should have made the "m22 on the sails" thing clearer... That was form a picture of a m22 form sailboatdata.com It's a bad drawing but looks close...
(The seller should get an award for taking pictures that make it almost impossible for anyone to tell the type of boat.)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the recommendations.... Turns out I'll probably never know what it was.
Buddy sold it to someone else! ...! Oh well. There will be other trailer sailors to add to my fleet.
Thanks again all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts