SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't own my own boat, but would like to sail as much as possible this summer when I return home from university. Ideally I'd like to sail all day every day from June to September :)

Does anyone know where I can borrow a dinghy in Clacton? I contacted Clacton sailing club last summer, but they only sail at weekends and I would like to sail every day. I'm not from Clacton but my gran lives there so am thinking of staying there for a week or two to sail.

Also, can anyone recommend a good sailing club near Epping, Essex?

I'm basically just looking to borrow a dinghy in Essex and sail on the largest amount of water possible.

Thanks.

· Registered
29 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Asking to borrow someones boat to sail every day of the summer is a little bold. Maybe you should research renting a boat for the season.
Ok, maybe not for the whole summer, I assume I can't rent a dinghy for that long. I'm wondering if I can borrow a boat for a week in Clacton and also find a good place to sail near Epping, Essex

Hopefully that's a bit clearer.

· Registered
29 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, buying a boat is an option, but it's expensive, transporting it is a problem and I only need it for the summer because in October I'll go back to borrowing boats from my normal sailing club.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.