SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
I owned a 1969 C 26 same as 25, when my atomic bomb died I strapped a 6 hp on the back and it worked a charm. I ended up sailing that boat form San Diego to the Sea of Cortez what a trip. Now I sail a 8,000 boat with a 6hp 4 stroke. I live in the San Juan Islands where we have massive currents and I have zero complaints. Just for example I wanted to test it so when we found our selfs in 20 knots of wind in a wind over tide rip we dropped all sail and at a little over half throttle we made 2.4 knots. BTW the C25 is amazing yacht good luck to you.

·
Registered
678 Posts
My bad I'm blind thought he said 25 :) I met a guy last year on a 33'??? he had a Tohotsu 6hp and loved it. he happily made it from WA state to Mexico. there is also a guy with a Cape George 31 who made it from Wa through Panama he has a Yamaha 8 and I think he is in Canada on the other side now or Europe cant remember.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.