SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
19,484 Posts
I'm looking at a Coronado 35. Is there any way to use an outboard with this type of boat?
Not really... too much freeboard, too high a counter, too big a boat for outboard power as the only power source. Mechanically it could be done, but in larger waves (when you need it most) the prop would be out of the water much of the time and it would be quite unsafe.

"Heavily discounted".. these boats don't command high prices anyway, and you'd be looking at north of $20K most likely for a good repower esp if you have all the work done. So even heavily discounted this boat could have a negative value.

·
19,484 Posts
I owned a 1969 C 26 same as 25, when my atomic bomb died I strapped a 6 hp on the back and it worked a charm. I ended up sailing that boat form San Diego to the Sea of Cortez what a trip. Now I sail a 8,000 boat with a 6hp 4 stroke. I live in the San Juan Islands where we have massive currents and I have zero complaints. Just for example I wanted to test it so when we found our selfs in 20 knots of wind in a wind over tide rip we dropped all sail and at a little over half throttle we made 2.4 knots. BTW the C25 is amazing yacht good luck to you.
Yes... but the OP is discussing a Coronado 35 ..big difference...;)

Reactions: blt2ski
1 - 2 of 2 Posts