SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some help in identification of this boat.. Year, Who made it, model etc? It is registered as a 1980 Columbia Coronado but i have doubts about that one. I have also been told it appears to be a mid to late 60s Columbia Challenger possibly with modified windows. Also was told it could be a Columbia 7.6. I would like to know for sure...

Attachments

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts
The HIN number can also be a big help

·
19,489 Posts
I'd go with the 60's Columbia Challenger for starters.. AFAIK Columbia and Coronado were two different builders - on Mainesail's Boat ID thread there was a similar looking Columbia...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ajari.. i looked and that didnt help any as the striping may be a replacement that someone did.. I dont think its original. Faster? Can you provide a link to that look a like on Mainesail?

·
19,489 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks ajari.. i looked and that didnt help any as the striping may be a replacement that someone did.. I dont think its original. Faster? Can you provide a link to that look a like on Mainesail?
:laugher If that's the production cove and boot stripe, I'd say to run away if you're thinking of buying it. It does have a Coronado look and I want to say that Columbia bought Coronado.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts