SailNet Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seacock has a manifold for multiple hoses and a plunger type handle. I can only get one photo to upload. Photo of handle and plunger to follow. image.jpg

·
69' Coronado 25
323 Posts
That looks very dangerious

·
Master Mariner
9,055 Posts
In over 50 years of boating on all kinds of vessels, I've never seen anything like it. Sorry.

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Where is it located in the boat and what was hooked up to it looks like a sea chest valve or a rather oldish diverter valve still checking

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are two under the v- berth for the hhead intake and discharge, sink etc.

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Sounds like an older early small scale sea chest manifold valve and if in bad shape replace it with modern equivalent bronze valves or have it rebuilt. To tell more I would need sorry to say better pictures you could email them if need be

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was designed so that when the seacock is closed there is a smooth surface on the bottom of the boat. Yes, it looks like a basketball pump, but it is definitely a seacock. I'm guessing it was a C&C custom piece. A couple O rings (missing in the photo of the handle) provided the seal.
I've emailed South Shore Yachts to see if they know anything.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got it out. Say "SCOT" on one side and P1955 on the other. No flange - just 3 bolts and butyl tape! I'm so glad I pulled it. One more to go!

·
Old enough to know better
4,346 Posts
Well there is a Scotvalve company in England. Looks like they service the oil industry, but also fishing. From there web site:

New Manufacture and Repair of Pipe Spools, Flowlines and Manifolds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts