SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Cant find Yanmar part, gotta have one made?

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Michael Bailey 
#1 ·
Tried to have a part ordered (a fuel return for my Yanmar YSB8), but apparently it's been discontinued and it was suggested that I see if someone could forge one for me.

In a partial parts manual I have, it was called the following:
overflow tube #105582-59141 (YSB8 G-CY) Discontinued
(overflow tube #105584-59140 is another possibility part #, but I believe it's listed as being for the YSB12, … but maybe it would still work?) Discontinued
Any ideas?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
The part is a thin, copper-looking tube perhaps two-feet long that goes from where the fuel filter is to some place else.

I'm not sure what that rubber one is but maybe they replaced it with something rubber for future models of the engine, perhaps?

I think this is the part referred to here, in a manual for a YSM8:

Fuel Injection/Oil Lines
1 105582-59141 Fuel Line- Inj Return Line

Attachments

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it does. I guess the part I'm talking about is the fuel return pipe in that diagram.

I want to replace it because it slowly leaks diesel up near where it connects to the filter. I've tried a couple times to hit it with DB weld, but it's really tough to get at. Part of the crack in the pipe might be around the O-shaped round part where it fastens on, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.