SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking for a surveyor in the Falmouth area; the boat is a 1984 heavily built "offshore" boat. I would prefer someone who could do both the boat and the engine; the last time we bought the surveyor didn't survey the engine - that was a mi$$take :)

Thanks!

Dan

·
STARBOARD!!
1,662 Posts
Dan-

You might need to hire multiple surveyors; for hull, engine, rig. Start with the hull survey; you know the rig would need to be done if it's the boat with rod rigging you asked about. Some hull surveyors are also rigging surveyors; and some hull surveyors are also engine surveyors. I'd go for a hull/rig surveyor (who can do an aloft survey) and then hire a separate engine surveyor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Barry -

THANK YOU!!!

Your recommendation for Atlantic Marine Survey and Barnaby Blatch was right on.

He was detailed, professional and thorough. In particular, he was will to explain how he had arrived at his conclusions; which items were "critical" and which were "you should do this sometime", and even had some specific recommendations for fixes.

I can heartily second the recommendation to anyone who's looking for a surveyor in CT (although in our case he was willing to travel to the Cape).

Yes, we're buying the boat :)

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts