SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Old enough to know better
4,350 Posts
You mention "dragging" the boat, then you might want to consider that a CD is going to take a significantly bigger rig to trailer it, if that is what you meant. Of course you are in Texas, and I guess every one there has a big Pick Up truck! What do I know I live in the North East and drive a car that has no towing capacity.

Certainly the Cape Dory will be the best looking, have the best off shore capability and likely resale value. But the other boats would sail circles around it. I would not be put off by the swing keel at all. Maintain it well and don't give it a second thought. Oh and the Cape Dory will have a lot more varnish work too! For offshore I would want the Cape Dory 25D for sure, but it sounds like that would be farther off for your plans so I think go with the others, save some money and go sailing. If you feel you need something more substantial then sell and go up. While the Catalina may not be the highest price, it is likely the easiest by far to sell. Every one knows them, and the sell quickly if priced right.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.