SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
I can't compare the boats; I previously owned a C25. I also sailed in VERY shallow water, so the keel was up most of the time, and I have no idea how well she would sail to windward with the keel down. I'm also one of those who warns about the perils of the C25's swing keel arrangement. However, even I am practical enough to know that, with proper maintenance and care, the swing keel is fine. You just have to commit to being diligent about your maintenance and inspection routine, and be ready to replace anything if it looks flaky. Mine was a 1984 that was kept in salt water, and I highly doubt the winch, cable, etc. was ever replaced. Before we splashed the boat at the beginning of last season, I had the entire assembly inspected by a rigger, who said it still looked good.

I think any of the boats on your list will be fun. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. No matter what you choose, good luck with it!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.