SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother, a buddy, and I plan on sailing from Ft, Lauderdale to the Virgins come this Nov. Great lakes sailing experience with my Hunter 23. In the process of purchasing another boat that would take us to the Virgins, while we learn more on the great lakes over this summer. Either through the thorny path or north Bahamas over and down route. Looking for someone who has done this route before. Who would be safe, and very experienced. We are all going to be 23 year olds college grads. and all very ambitious and open for professional guidance. Ounce in the Virgins you would fly home and we would handle it from there. Unpaid. But very fun. Anyone out there interested??

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've heard of a guy called Captain Ron. Seems like a fun guy. :laugher

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I have gone as far south as Crooked Island. Read the book, and listen to the weather. It's not hard to get south. Sometimes you just have to practice patience. Sit out some weather, and do some exploring while doing so.

Now the return trip is a piece of cake. We went from St. Maarten to Daytona, and it was a wonderful sail........i2f

1 - 9 of 9 Posts