SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one upgraded their single steaming light on their mast to a steaming and deck light. I need to figure out how to replace the two conductor disconnect which seems to be imbeded in the deck next to the base of the mast. How do you get that out to replace it. Thank You Seneca Lake NY Andy

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Andy:

Do you have spreader lights already?

What year is your C22?

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
295 Posts
Andyjen,

I posted an answer to your question in the gear/maint section. Be sure not to confuse the deck connector for the steaming light with the one is for the masthead anchor light. They are both 2-conductor setups. The one for the masthead is to port of the mast step. The one for the steaming light (at least on my boat) is forward of the maststep.

Pat

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steaming/deck light

I hope I am not confused. The existing is a plug (port side of mast step)with two Connecting spots that run a single light roughly halfway up the mast. I bought a combo deck and steaming light that I believe should take four wires so I can run both lights with seperate switches. Am I correct

·
Registered
295 Posts
Andy,

See my post in 'gear/maintenance' from yesterday. I think it will answer your question. Keep us posted on your progress.

Fair winds,

Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.