SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watch the TV show Elementary?

On tonight's episode they killed a guy by burning down the Catalina 27 he was on.

There were a couple bits that seemed odd, though.... They were led to him because during a phone call they heard an electric marine toilet in the background. On a Catalina 27. On a trailer. In the driveway. Hmm.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Anyone watch the TV show Elementary?

On tonight's episode they killed a guy by burning down the Catalina 27 he was on.

There were a couple bits that seemed odd, though.... They were led to him because during a phone call they heard an electric marine toilet in the background. On a Catalina 27. On a trailer. In the driveway. Hmm.
WELL YA Everybody knows that. You saw it on a national TV channel then it must be so
If you are going to live in a Cat 27 in your driveway every buddy knows you will have installed an electric toilet. how did they know it was a marine toilet and not just a used one taken out of an old winnebago. he should have known if he upgraded a CAT 27 it was going to cost him.

·
Freedom isn't free
3,284 Posts
What the hell is an electric toilet?
I'm sorry I've had several RV's, and boats... never had an electric toilet. That's why God made gravity feeds.

Electric water pumps sure.

Now I have to dig through the PVR.. wife likes Elementary. I'd bet good money even SHE'd notice the problems with that episode, AND be able to tell what make/model sailboat.

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
What the hell is an electric toilet?
I'm sorry I've had several RV's, and boats... never had an electric toilet. That's why God made gravity feeds.

Instead of pumping the handle manually to move the waste you push a button and magic happens.

Lovely, lovey things electric heads.

·
Freedom isn't free
3,284 Posts
Wow, learn something new every day... I mean I could see the usefulness, if it was a macerator... but honestly given the premium on power (electric)... a pump isn't that big a deal.

Our RV has pressure water (electric pump), you press halfway (foot operated) to fill the bowl, and all the way, to get a fill/flush. Simple, yet effective.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wow, learn something new every day... I mean I could see the usefulness, if it was a macerator... but honestly given the premium on power (electric)... a pump isn't that big a deal.

Our RV has pressure water (electric pump), you press halfway (foot operated) to fill the bowl, and all the way, to get a fill/flush. Simple, yet effective.
Obviously, you've never been married to a woman who prefers power boats.;)

Also, if you do the math... a 50 Amp pump running for 5 seconds per flush twenty times a day is less than 1.5 AHs/day. Not much at all.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My electric on my old 27.:)(
Well I'll be damned.

Still, did you ever use it while it was on a trailer in your driveway? :)

ETA: I hope they didn't torch the catalina for real :(
It kinda looked like they did...

On the other hand they never showed the "before" so maybe it just happened that a Catalina on a trailer near the studio burned down and they thought, eh, might as well use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.