SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
With a 4' draft and given 3' for low-boy and craddle, that leaves 5' from the waterline to the top of the cabin. It doesn't sound promising or at least it'gonna be wick'd close. How about having the marina haul it on the hydraulic trailer? At least you could crouch it under the door if need be.

Don

·
Barquito
3,887 Posts
Looking at a drawing of the C27, it looks like if it has 4' draft, then from the water line up is 4'7.2". So, if the low boy is 3', then you have a total of 11'7.2" total. If you have the boat on a cradle on top of the trailer then no way. If the keel is on the trailer and the trailer is 3' or less, looks like you will make it. If not, then jack the garage off of its sill to raise it a few inches. I am only partly kidding on that last one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey SeaChanger - Saw your post from April. I am looking to also do an indoor storage with a 12 foot door. Wondering how you made out on the numbers I saw posted on the forum? I have a 4'10' fin keel and a custom trailer so my keel only sits about about 1.5' off the ground. Wondering if you ever did the low boy haul, what the height was off the ground for your keel and if you got under the 12 foot mark?

Getting ready for the snow up north - before several of us head down to the Baja Ha Ha in a month or so. Was the pulpit an issue?

Cheers

Barry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.