SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to these forums so I apologize if I am not posting this in the right place.

I am in need of a new companionway sliding hatch for a 1976 Catalina27.

If anyone has one, or knows where I can get one, please send a PM.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You might try calling the factory. Their after-sales support is remarkable.

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
I think he is looking for the whole hatch, not only the boards that it slides in. I'd be checking with junk yards.

Is the current one broken or missing? The failure mode on these wouldn't be too hard to repair. They wear out along the track, you would just need to glass on a new flange.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies y'all.

I am speaking with the Catalina factory in Largo and they assure me they can make one- just as soon as they find the mold. Been speaking to them for almost 2 weeks now so my hopes are dwindling. CatalinaDirect told me they could not help, speak to the factory in Largo....

The hatch came up missing after I had the boat transported. The rails are still there and undamaged.

I'm also calling every used parts supplier I can find. Most of them are just blowing me off, the rest are still looking/getting back to me. If you have a favorite used parts supplier, let me know. It is possible I haven't spoken to them yet.

DRFerron, I'll try that forum. Thanks.

BTW, this has been a nightmare. A word to the wise: strap the hatch down before transport.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The hatch came up missing after I had the boat transported. The rails are still there and undamaged.
What explanation did you get from the shipper :confused: I'd like to hear that story.

I can imagine after Sandy that some C27 was destroyed and a hatch is available from some parts source.....Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Don't get your hopes up. They've been making me a new dinette table for a couple of years now ;).
OH NO!

thanks for the forum info Chuck53. I already have a thread posted there, very similiar to this thread.

The "explanation" I got from the shipper went something like: I'm not responsible for damage, junkboy. No I'm not going to give you my insurance information, loser. By the way, I own 3 of these in a junkyard, would you like to buy some parts? (I've toned the language down a bit and omitted the accusations of fraud and his threats.) If buttholes were peepshows, he'd be a window on the universe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts