SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is there no forum for the C-27, the volume of these boats built should provide a lot of activity?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I've got one for sale!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C-27 Forum

Ok, so how do we get one started? I am sure we have a range of skills and interests. Right now, I am trying to figure out my reefing system. I have not needed it even up to 18 K with tall rig. I just depower via traveler and the main sheet and furl the genoa. Seems like I am missing a forward block on a single line system. No info in the manual. Yes, new boat this year and I am still learning its quirks. Milwaukee based.

·
Aeolus II
670 Posts
I am a member of the Int 27/270 assoc but wold welcome forum here.

·
Paul J - C27 Owner
3 Posts
Would enjoy a C-27 discussion page

My Wife and I are fairly new to sailing and recently purchased the fourth from the last C27 ever built. I'd enjoy trading lessons learned from more seasoned C27 owners. She sails nicely and needs little in terms of updating but it would be great to hear from you and others about what you have done to keep your boat in tip top shape.

Regards,

Paul

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
I'm in. I love sailing mine - and am learning more and more every day. I think my hull number is 2079 (SR). She's pretty fast, truly tough, and extremely stubborn if you want to wet her rail. Never stops me from trying!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to Sailnet as of TODAY. I have a 1973 Catalina 27 (hull # 863) "Orion" and absolutely love it. I'm homeported out of San Diego and have had her for 3 years. I have a 5 and 8 year old and it's all the boat we need for now. We do the Beercan's every summer and have been down to Mexico and out to Catalina Island several times. It's a GREAT little boat and it's good to find a C-27 community.

Brooks :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
C-27 forum

If we keep this up we may get our own forum under sailnet's new "what ever". I need to replace my antenna wire in the mast, any good recommendations on the type of cable? Also, what do you use for spinnaker sheets?

·
MikeGuyver
122 Posts
I just bought a C27,waiting for delivery to Oregon. Does anyone have any experience adding mast tabernacle? Cat. direct says they don't make it anymore.Need hinge ,have access to ss and alum welding if you have pics of yours I'd appreciate seeing them.
Thx McG

·
Sea Dweeb
143 Posts
VHF Coaxial Cable Suggestion

I would suggest Times Wire & Cable LMR-240 Ultra Flex.
Here is one source if you google LMR-240 you will find others

---http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/cable/3605.html]LMR240 Flex Coaxial Cable---
(remove the three hyphens at each end)

Relatively low loss, flexible, easy to pull

If we keep this up we may get our own forum under sailnet's new "what ever". I need to replace my antenna wire in the mast, any good recommendations on the type of cable? Also, what do you use for spinnaker sheets?

·
Sea Dweeb
143 Posts
Hinged Mast

Here are three links that may help. Remove the three hyphens at each end

---http://www.ballengerspars.com/patslist2001-02.html---
---http://www.blumhorst.com/catalina27/images/mast-hinge3.jpg---
---http://www.blumhorst.com/catalina27/mast-step-install.htm---

Ran

I just bought a C27,waiting for delivery to Oregon. Does anyone have any experience adding mast tabernacle? Cat. direct says they don't make it anymore.Need hinge ,have access to ss and alum welding if you have pics of yours I'd appreciate seeing them.
Thx McG

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Okay for what it's worth, I'll throw my displacement behind a C27 forum. Definitely interested in hearing about how far these little boats have been pushed.

·
TEAM ZISSU
98 Posts
c27 bimini

A c 27 forum would be great. I have a 1972 #291. I'm adding a bimini this summer and would like to see a few pics of one before I do.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
A c 27 forum would be great. I have a 1972 #291. I'm adding a bimini this summer and would like to see a few pics of one before I do.
I mounted a bimini (73" I think from Overtons - can't remember for sure) on cars that I customized and ran along the track just forward of the winches. Works like a charm and you can move it forward and aft as needed. Had to cut the frame down a bit for boom clearance...but it's the bomb.

Here's where I got the idea.

(Scroll down a bit to see the bimini part)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts