SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
I am fairly new to the Annapolis area and have been looking into getting a boat to live on as an alternative to renting a 1 bdrm for $929.00 a month.
The wife told me I could only get a boat when all my debt was paid off, but at first glance it looks like living aboard at a marina would be cheaper than my apartment. At this time she is still in Ohio and looking for a job in the DC area.
I am a novice at sailing. My experience consists of my ASA 101 sailing course. I am hoping to be able to live on the boat and take it out into the bay several times a week.
I am 6,2 and 250. So I am looking for a larger boat with some headroom, and at this point have kind of fallen in love with a Catalina 30 for sale up in Essex for $19,500. I was hoping to spend half that amount, but can't seem to find anything that has a large enough living space for me.
Since my wife is still in Ohio, it would be just me on the boat during the week and the 2 of us on the boat on alternating weekends.

Any sugguestions or comments?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Very small space to liveaboard, even for a couple.

Not that it cant be done...and I'm learning there is a lot of merit of "go small go now....just go!" approach. Try it out...these boats hold their value so you could probably sell for what you paid for it if you do minor improvements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts