SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to look at yet another Catalina 22 today..needed too much for the firm asking price. In the neighborhood we saw a tiny marina. We got out went to the office and found out a Tanzer 22 might be for sale. Going to look a lot closer look next week. Opinions on Tanzer 22?

·
19,488 Posts
The Tanzer 22 is another boat with a great reputation in that range. Possibly not quite as roomy, but also likely a slightly better performer. If it's been kept up it's definitely worth a closer look.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Our first boat was a T22.
Loved it. Great boat to learn on. Can be competitive in a PHRF race fleet.
ENORMOUS cockpit for the size. Cabin is tiny - even for just a couple.
Boat excels in light air, and is extremely easy to maintain.

I would HIGHLY recommend a T22 to anyone interested in a boat less than 25 ft.

Good luck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
BTW, we routinely sailed past larger boats (S28.0, Georgian 23, Hunter 25, MacGregor 26X) like they were standing still with our T22.
This boat is also currently used as an adult sail-training vessel at our local sailing school.

Ok - that's it....for sure this time.

(did I mention I think it's a great boat??)

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
Nice boat, has a reputation for good manners and built like a tank to boot.
(Tries to resist temptation to mention that a garbage can with a grocery bag can likely outsail a Mac26x, but fails).

·
baDumbumbum
1,142 Posts
Like most Tanzers, built solid yet a decent sailer. Like most Tanzers, kinda homely, but not outright ugly. Very heavy on the trailer, tho -- you'll need a stout tow vehicle if trailering.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The Tanzer is a great boat. To me they seem like terrific bargains considering the quality of their construction. As I recall, they came in a keel/centerboard configuration and deep keel models. If you plan to class race, you'd probably have an easier time finding a Catalina 22 fleet than Tanzer, but other than that, I think the Tanzer is a great value.

·
Crazy Woman Boat Driver
840 Posts
My first boat, learned to sail on it, raced it for 3 years and won most races. Great boat.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
There is a T22 for sale on CL Orange co. Cal. $2,200 includes a trailer . You don't say where you hail from , but how about this for inspiration . My cousin drove from Cal. to FL. to buy a Person 23 !

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelkin View Post
BTW, we routinely sailed past larger boats (S28.0, Georgian 23, Hunter 25, MacGregor 26X) like they were standing still with our T22.
Don't think I didn't see what you did there...

LOL....au contraire, Jonesy...
I was COUNTING on you seeing what I did there...

Cheers!;)

Andy

BTW - did you know it's only 15 days to DST, 30 days to the first day of spring, and 54-ish days to boat launch??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts