SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for links and sites with parts/gear for Catalina 22. For example a google search turns up almost nothing for stern pulpit. Catalina direct does not even have one. They only show the 2 piece option which i have read is not that strong.

·
Sea's The Day Charters
36 Posts
Have you tried calling Catalina? I was in their store this past Tuesday. Got a hell of a deal on some interior hardware. Their phone number is (727)544-6681 or (813)544-6681. They are in Largo FL off of Bryan Dairy road. Good luck

·
Registered
166 Posts
Have you tried emailing/contacting Catalina Yachts directly? The one time I did I was shocked to recieve a response back from Gerry Douglas, VP and designer...they were able to provide what I was looking for...

Others have commented on the responsiveness of Catalina Yachts with their customers, and I can attest to that...in these days when it seems there is little to no factory support...Catalina seems to be an anomaly in that regard.

·
Captain Obvious
2,362 Posts
I wonder how that works with the boarding ladder.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Check with the Catalina class associations online. Periodically, someone parts out an older boat, and you can buy seat lids, pulpits and other hard-to-find stuff.

·
2,449 Posts
If you're on the east coast there are a couple of liquidators on YachtWorld that are selling Sandy damaged boats and I'd bet there are a few Catalina 22's in the mix.

Another option, if Catalina no longer makes the stern pulpit give them a call and ask for a copy of the blueprint used to make the original. Chances are they'll be able to email it to you. Any fabricator should be able to make a stern pulpit from the prints.

·
Registered
585 Posts
There's a couple on eBay, no C22's, but it did raise a problem looking at them.

Shipping is going to be an issue...

·
Bring On The Wind
281 Posts

·
sunfish?junior?
749 Posts
I think it has been said already the Catalina-22 National Sailing Association Might be able to help you.
I feel for you because you might be able to buy a whole boat for the price of one or two parts.
I am looking for a used low price kick up rudder. keep me in mind .
Kind Regards , Lou

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have had good luck finding things at catalinadirect.com. I haven't looked for a Catalina 22, but I noticed that they had a stern pulpit for a Catalina 320 (even though I didn't need one). And I was surprised at least once when they contacted a manufacturer to find a part for my 320. Overall, I've been satisfied with everything they sold me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts