SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to start or join a catamaran partnership (or LLC)

My thoughts are to find 6 partners willing to buy a used catamaran in the 45 foot range at a price of $350,000 to $400,000.

I'm thinking we would moor the cat in the US Virgin Islands from November through May and the Chesapeake Bay from June through November.

We would each have 8 weeks use of the catamaran, with the other 4 weeks used to move the boat from one location to the other.

I'm definitely not firm on my plan so if you're interested, please make suggestions.

· Registered
6 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have my wife talked into a catamaran and I have 2 others here in Las Vegas that would like to join a partnership like I've envisioned. Hopefully I'll be able to find 3 more people that would be interested.

Thanks,

· Registered
6 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the interest. I haven't had much of a response, just one guy who was more interested in a trimaran. I don't have enough posts either. I'll try what he did. Try slemond 1950 at gee male.

I'd love to find more participants if we can. We would all have to agree on the particular cat, but we'd all have to make sure each partner has enough common sense, and sailing experience to properly operate a boat. I am not fixated on any particular brand or manufacturer... just one that we can all agree upon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.