SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking to set sail next year and I'm calculating, calculating, calculating all my resources.

One of my main costs is food (as expected), but I'm having a hard time finding input on how often a sailer will catch and eat fish on a time basis. I'm wondering how often most people do it. Whether it's about legalities, fishing licenses, fishing zones, or just straight up getting sick of eating fish. What does it take to fish?

I'm starting my sailing in Central America and spending an unknown amount of time there, then South America. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don,

Thanks for the input! I'm not sure if this is the post you're talking about: [nevermind I can't post links yet. The title is: Voice of Experience: When Ciguatera Strikes - SailerMagazine]
It's an interesting read and good information. I'll certainly be studying my fish before getting myself into a situation like that.

I would really like to be eating as much fish as possible to save on $$ but try not to get sick of it to a point.

Thanks again for the info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.