I thought you might bring the Pictures here ? 12 threads of keel mod and I do not know how many pages are in each thread. Maybe you can make it easy for me to find ?
I am interested and it is better to hear your fresh up to date comments than a thread that is older.
Oh I found the pictures ! Checking them out now.
Good Day , Lou
So u finally got around to fixing the centerbaord not falling issue on the Spirt. First I started to cut a hole with a hole saw and pour lacquer thinner to melt the foam inside, that did not work. So then I decided to cut the whole side of the board off to dig the foam out. We'll that worked for the top part. Much to my surprise, the board actually has some resin with lead disc balls in it(think bakers chocolate size). It was no where near enough to make it fall when in the water.
So I dug the foam out of area above the resin so I could put in more weight. I chose to use Portland cement for its weight, density, and cheapness and relative ease of working. I also had some lead sheeting laying around the boatyard so I cut pieces that fit my hole. Smeared in search Portland, put in a sheet, and repeat until I had all sheets "glued" in there and filled the remainder with Portland. Once that dried I sanded it smooth and glassed over it. While I could have faired it much smoother with we compound, I chose not to because I'm Not keeping the boat. So it has a couple dimples in it. I slapped some bottom paint we had laying around and put her back in the water.