SailNet Community banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jay,

Sorry the weather isn't cooperating for you. Yes, those are the original sails on my boat. The lady I bought it from had two boats and was only sailing one of them. Don't think it had seen much use until I bought it. My boat had a motor mount too, but I took it off and put on a better one after I had sailed it for a couple years, and gotten tired of paddling!
Terry

·
Registered
33 Posts
I came across this thread while looking for info on the challenger 15. The boat in the pictures is a really well sorted boat!! There is one listed on Craigslist in Nashville so I was just looking. All the best!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Jim,

I just found these posts during some Challenger 15 research. I am in TC, too, (Long Lake) and wondered if you know of other Challengers in the area. The history is fascinating and I would like to learn as much as I can.

Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Dave: I still have my Challenger 15, though I haven't been sailing this year because of family obligations. I've seen a couple of Challengers for sale in Michigan on craigslist recently too, so some are still out there. In case you haven't already seen this, here is a site with some Challenger history (Challenger 15).

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
The info in this thread has been very useful. I also have a Challenger 15. When I bought it it didn't have any of the standing rigging (Haha and still doesn't.) Can any of you give me dimensions on the shrouds and forstay so that I can have them made up. I had attempted to make them up with cables and a crimping tool but, I don't trust those very much. They may work but, not very pretty and the obvious danger of the cable ends catching on the sails and doing greater damage. Mostly, I was doing this to get the correct dimensions. Does this mast have any rake that you all know of? As you have found, there is very little online information about the Challenger 15. Still learning about sailing. Just got back from Wellfleet, MA where I did a 16 hour US Sailing course so, I'm excited to get my bout on the water. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
NOICE!! Thank you TSchwarck. Are those the original Stays? I was planning on using a turnbuckle adjustment. The ones that you have don't seem too easy to adjust. They look to be about 6" long. Is that right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its the original rigging as far as I know (I'm the third owner). Including the adjusters would make the forestay 3 1/8 inches longer and the shrouds would be 2 1/4 inches more. The adjusters are just over 4 inches long and are pretty easy to use to set the rigging up the way you want it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just found this forum. My sails for the Challenger 15' are showing their age - been sewing and patch, but also wondering about replacing them, but not having new ones made. Any ideas? Thanks.

David A. Peterborough, NH

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Jim,

I just found these posts during some Challenger 15 research. I am in TC, too, (Long Lake) and wondered if you know of other Challengers in the area. The history is fascinating and I would like to learn as much as I can.

Thanks.

Dave
Dave -
Wish I'd found this two years ago, as I was on Green Lake in Interlochen for 8-9years and had friends on Long Lake Rd. Now in NH, and looking for "new" sails. "Hi" to the Hof & Front St!

David A.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts