SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be going to Netherlands for business week after next. Anyone know of large chandlery in Amsterdam or The Hague ? Like to do bit of shopping while I'm there. :)

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Everyone in Europe that I hear from is busy buying online in the U.S.; Europe is too expensive for them. Being from Singapore, you may be able to avoid the VAT, and lower costs that way. I would look online for marine hardware in Holland and see what you can find near your hotel.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pierre,
yes me again,. Actually my trip got postpone. Now its firm. My last to Norway, I chance upon a chandlery just as my taxi for the airport arrived !! What a let down.
Paulk,
I did tried searching for chandlery in Netherlands online but they don't seems to cater to leisure boaters. Mainly for ships.
I ordered most of my stuff online from US, but thought maybe I could save shipping if I buy at Europe. Well maybe if I get a chance to go US, I'll definitely schedule a day at largest WM.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi, As far as I know there are no mega marine stores in Holland. If you are still looking search as mentioned in my reply 4 weeks ago for "watersport winkel amsterdam". Holland isn't big. But it can take you many hours to The Haque, Utrecht etc. from the airport. Say hello to my mom and dad and have a good trip.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pierre, thanks, still working through the watersport winkel thingy. Will say hello when I meet them. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts