SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put a new steering wheel (destroyer type) on my 40 year old Albin 34. The hub shaft I have is a straight 3/4". All the wheels I've found are made to fit either a 1" shaft or a tapered 3/4" shaft. I've searched for hub adapters, the only ones I've found are made for tapered 3/4" to 1". Always had tiller steering before so new to this realm of pedestals, quadrants etc. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
You didn't mention what type steering you have, Edson, Whitlock, etc.

Try Edson Marine or call them and ask.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL that's part of the problem, I don't have a clue what type I have. The boat is a 40 year old Albin Singoalla 34' sailboat. Only 50 made in the early '70's Swedish made boat with german and english systems. No name on any part of the steering system! :confused:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Well, if you don't know, no one else will. Right? Call Edson anyway, they're very helpful, because your question is not so much "What do I have?" but, rather, what transition piece can I use to make a connection on a destroyer wheel?" They might be able to help. Be prepared with dimensions. What do you have to lose?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts