SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a student at Durham University and on the 26th November two others and I are participating in a charity hitchhike to raise money for Cancer Research. We are being sponsored to travel as far away from Durham as possible in 36 hours using no money.

Jailbreak Hitchhike: DUCK Jailbreak 2011: Choose a Challenge

We would really appreciate any help anyone can give us in crossing the English Channel,

David Saddington

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
My (then) girlfriend (now wife as it happens) hitchhiked from London to Paris in our student days for charity. Out of some 800 students doing it, we were the only two people to not have to pay for a ferry crossing. In fact we were quicker hitching there than the coach coming back :)
We managed to find a couple who were on one of those family deals, but with no kids in their car and then sweet-talked the ferry woman into letting us on. Doubt it would happen these days though.
Anyways, good luck with it!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
You might want to try posting on Sailing Anarchy. They might have more English adherents, and it would be the type of activity posters there might support heartily.

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
indeed if you posted on YBW you might just find someone who would take you across.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts