SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a number of out-of-service charter boats...mostly beneteau 50''s. All are in need of refit. Some a bit more than others. Im wondering if any of you have acquired ex-moorings or other charter company boats(especially beneteaus) and refit them. Any suggestions? Tips? Great refit yards?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
jsh1997

i''ve had great experience with purchasing and refitting an ex-charter boat (see first page of this series item #1 - "purchasing a charter boat")

I also have a yacht brokerage company specializing in purchasing ex-charter yachts, refitting them and selling them. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

Why have you chosen a 50 foot yacht, what is your sailing experience and what are your plans after you you purchase the yacht. What is your price range and how much are you allocating for retrofit. Where do you intend to purchase the yacht, perform the retrofit and keep the yacht after retrofit. Will you hire a crew to perform the work or are you doing it yourself.

If you want, you can e-mail me at [email protected] or we can continue messages here.

Sincerely,

Captain Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts