SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do a bareboat charter in Belize next year. Has anyone done this? Is there any charter company other than TMM? (I don''t have any problems with them -- they come highly recommended -- I just want to know what my options are.) Has the area recovered adequately from Hurricane Keith? Any thoughts and information will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
there are several sailboats charting belize from the rio dulce in guatemala, it is possible to find them on the internet please check a site called www.mayaparadise.com and look for the sailboat charters. the rivermouth of the rio dulce is 16 miles from punta gorda belize which is the last town on southern belice mainland. i have been traveling to the rio dulce for 10 years visiting 3-4 times a year and it offers alot of things to see.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hoi, Eva

I plan to visit Belice 2003. Did you make your trip? Can you give tips. I ant to sail a few days (daycharter) with my family. 3 kids (6,8,10 years).

I would appreciate any tip.

Saludos, el naufrago

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We did not make our planned trip to Belize; ended up in Grand Turk on a land-based trip instead. Would love to hear about anyone else''s experiences, because we hope to make it someday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts