SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Family is contemplating a major change in life direction. So as part of this years summer vacation we've decided to take a drive down to the chesapeake. We want to charter/rent a sailboat in the 26-28 foot range for 3 days or so. does anyone have tips on finding a place that is in that market? so far all I can find are operations that charter the "Big boats" ( those over 36 feet! hey we're Canadian!)

We have 2 young kids (10 and under) who have not sailed before and I was hoping to introduce them to sailing this way. We're also going to wanter around and go to the Maritime museum, see what they have in Norfolk for Naval museums, etc. so the whole week wont be on a boat.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. The 3 days is less about trying to see alot and more about just trying it out. I have a 10 year old boy who is excited about the idea but hasn't been on a boat in 6 years. I also have a 7 year old girl who wants to try it but often gets cold feet about trying something new! hence the short 3 day window.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts