SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning a 10 sail out of St. Thomas. We are bringing my in-laws who are inveterate monohull sailors (had 40 ft Bristol for 30 years) so we were thinking for size sake to charter a 48 or 48 cat. Can anyone recommend a charter company out of St. Thomas? We've chartered with The Moorings before and were very happy but for traveling time sake with two 80+ year olds we want to make it as easy as possible. Traveling to Tortola is a whole day affair: flight from NY to St. Thomas, then taxi to the ferry, the ferry, then taxi from ferry to The Moorings. Yuck!

·
Freedom 39
1,156 Posts
These folks are top notch and they are located a couple of miles from the airport before you get to the ferry terminal.

CYOA Yacht Charters | US Virgin Islands | St. Thomas

Greg Murphy
S/V Amalia
1965 Cal 30
Muskegon, MI
Thanks Greg, technically I am one of "those folks".;)

Dinghygoddess head on over to the CYOA website and take a look. There is one 48' (Fountaine Pajot Salina) cat and a bunch of slightly smaller ones.

·
Captain
121 Posts
We are planning a 10 sail out of St. Thomas. We are bringing my in-laws who are inveterate monohull sailors (had 40 ft Bristol for 30 years) so we were thinking for size sake to charter a 48 or 48 cat. Can anyone recommend a charter company out of St. Thomas? We've chartered with The Moorings before and were very happy but for traveling time sake with two 80+ year olds we want to make it as easy as possible. Traveling to Tortola is a whole day affair: flight from NY to St. Thomas, then taxi to the ferry, the ferry, then taxi from ferry to The Moorings. Yuck!
I like CYA there in Frenchtown.

Honest folks. I trust them.

I might have the name mixed up. After reading the other posts, perhaps it is CYOA. They are close to "The Cut" by Hassel Island, in Frenchtown, and a short walk from McD's.

·
Freedom 39
1,156 Posts
I like CYA there in Frenchtown.

Honest folks. I trust them.

I might have the name mixed up. After reading the other posts, perhaps it is CYOA. They are close to "The Cut" by Hassel Island, in Frenchtown, and a short walk from McD's.
It is indeed CYOA and located exactly where you are describing it. Thanks for the kind words.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts