SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· S/V DreamWeaver
6 Posts
Reaction score
Greetings, new sailor! Gets in your blood, doesn't it? I've been sailing for years, with a long time off. I'm new to the forums, but my husband has been here a bit.

We bought a 22 foot Laguna Windrose cruiser at the beginning of June. Three weeks ago we finally launched her. We chose Sale Creek Marina because they have a clear bias for sailboats (the owner and manager have beautiful boats and the owner has raced in the Mackinac...kind of the gold standard for sailboat races.)

They don't have standing spaces, but a number of marinas do. We wanted ours to float all the time, and that was harder in this area than you might think. When we were dry storing the boat we found a storage facility out on Hixson Pike that was going to charge us $50 a month for dry storage. I still think you'd want to unstep the mast, but you'll get very good at stepping it with time. If you'd like some help, we're more than willing. Let us know!

· S/V DreamWeaver
6 Posts
Reaction score
I just came back to this thread. You don't have to remove the rigging to unstep the mast as long as you have the appropriate cradling on your trailer for it. Removing the mast, yeah, you do have to do it then, LOL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.