SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good source for cheap lifeline netting? I have a 30' boat and it looks like i'd have to spend about $80 at west marine to get what I want. I don't care if I have to cut it to fit or anything like that.. but i was hoping to spend no more that $20-30 on this project. I just got a Labrador pup that I am going to take sailing with me when he gets a few weeks older.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Where are you located?? IF you're near a large commercial port, talking to the fishermen might get you some used fishing net, which is very strong and uv-tolerant.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Fishnet might smell funky, though the price might be right. How about the stuff they sell for keeping deer or birds out of the garden?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just replaced my bow netting - what you want is nylon double-braid 1/8" cord. You can buy 1,000 feet for $15 - $20. I couldn't figure out to do with 1,000 feet of the stuff, so I bought 50' on E-bay for $7.50. Here's a couple of links: Buy 2X what you need, I didn't like the way it looked the first time and tore it all off and did it over. :/

1000' Spool of 1/8" Nylon Cord - eBay (item 250415184577 end time Jun-27-09 08:04:28 PDT)

Wound-About Inc., a Manufacturer of Ropes and Cords - Home

Best Regards,

e

.::.

·
Registered
35 Posts
netting

There are many companies that supply nets for commercial fisherman (and other netting products) that will be cheaper than buying from a marine catalog. In the past I have bought from Memphis net&twine (memphisnet.net) and nylon net company (nylonnet.com)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts