SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose with the cooling economy all marinas are seeing useage down, but mine has cleared-out. The 4 slips next to mine are all vacant - 16'-18' x 35' x 3.5' draft at very lowest tide (2x per year, maybe). I think he is asking $100/month. Deale, MD.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,307 Posts
Our marina has always been full, theres a wait list actually...but I have noticed some boats not going back in the water this year, but just a few.

I have heard MYC & White Rocks Marina on Rock Creek have lost some, just rumor?

·
Tartan 37C
501 Posts
$100 a month is more than a deal, it's a steal! PDQ, can I ask what marina is it?

Herrington Harbour South is 100% full with a waiting list, plus they raised their rates, again.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Oh man how I wish that were true around here. :(

My town marina has a 25 year wait list for a slip. The north shore of Long Island has pretty much no slips unless you want to pay over $7k for a 32' boat.

·
Banned
12,373 Posts
MYC has about 10 slips out of 125 vacant and most of them are huge ones (60X16 and larger.

We have lost a lot of members, but have also added as many as we have lost. Too much politics for those who get involved. I learned my lesson I go down to enjoy the friends, great facilities new docks with long finger piers next to the boats, safe protection from the winds, and closeness to the bay.

Shawn have you run into John Baker a refuggee from MYC whose in Oak Harbor now with his T37. He and I had slips next to each other for a few years and he along with his wife Kay are great people. Say hi to him for me if you have. We saw them getting their boat ready when we were leaving OH in the spring.

Dave

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Up Rockhold Creek, east side across from fuel dock.

$100 a month is more than a deal, it's a steal! PDQ, can I ask what marina is it?

Herrington Harbour South is 100% full with a waiting list, plus they raised their rates, again.
However, as I said, it is not deep. I have a catamaran, so no troubles. But it is a bit deeper at the other end and there is a 27' monohull there.

Calvin Phipps, same family that has the carpentry shop at HHN.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
$100 a month is a deal but what monohull 30'+ boat has a draft of less than 3.5 feet? I know that was given as the extreme, but given the typical tidal range it would still be only around 5' which is pretty thin even for a shoal draft 34-36 footer.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, it's thin, but I thought it worth sharing.

$100 a month is a deal but what monohull 30'+ boat has a draft of less than 3.5 feet? I know that was given as the extreme, but given the typical tidal range it would still be only around 5' which is pretty thin even for a shoal draft 34-36 footer.
Of course, my login on another forum is "thinwater", my boat is a catamaran, and I love being able to explore all the corners of the Bay and coast.

And so much for the old saw that catamarans cost more to dock. More beam, but less draft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts