SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been in there lately? Two years ago it was pretty skinny. I'll be on a boat that draws 7.5 feet.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Looking down from the Rt 213 bridge there is a red nun about 7/8ths way across the entrance to the turn basin. There where several large sailboats 40ft+ anchored...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Once past the 5ft to 6 ft depth at low tide off the Army Corp bulkhead depth increases to the anchorage basin. Stay on the Army Corp side of the basin, 2ft to 3ft to 4ft at the town dock and Chesapeake Inn.

I got stuck in mud off the town dock last year, and had to wait for high tide. tide range is about 3ft.

Maybe dredging this year????
Ches. City Basin dredging poised to move forward | Business | cecildaily.com

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Latest information for Chesapeake City:

https://www.waterwayguide.com/nav-a..._10-27-2017&utm_content=Nav+Alerts+10-27-2017

Rehaks Contracting will be conducting dredging operations in the Chesapeake City Anchorage Basin in Chesapeake City, MD beginning 6 Nov 2017 and continuing until 6 Jan 2018. The dredge JENNY LEE and push boat KELLY MARIE will be on scene and may be contacted on VHF-FM channel 13 and 8. Floating pipelines will be in the area but at no time will they cross a designated channel.
There will also be submerged pipelines to the disposal area. These pipelines will move throughout the Basin as the project progresses. These submerged pipelines will not cross designated channels. Working hours will be 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information contact James Rehak at 410-477-6831.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Yep..though the red bouy has been removed from the entrance the dredger and its spill pipe is still located somewhat in the middle of the anchorage.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Now that dredging is complete, I'm hoping to stop over late next week on the way to Philly area from Rock Hall. I know space on the city dock is first come, first serve, and that it will be peak snowbird season next week, so before proceeding past Bohemia River anchorages I'd like to check in and ask if there's space in the cove. Does anyone have suggestions on whom to call? Is the dock master in a place to view the dock upon request? Is there a towboat service that stays within view?

·
One of None
8,040 Posts

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
Now that dredging is complete, I'm hoping to stop over late next week on the way to Philly area from Rock Hall. I know space on the city dock is first come, first serve, and that it will be peak snowbird season next week, so before proceeding past Bohemia River anchorages I'd like to check in and ask if there's space in the cove. Does anyone have suggestions on whom to call? Is the dock master in a place to view the dock upon request? Is there a towboat service that stays within view?
I've always tried to arrive before dark or as I call it the witching hour. far as I know it's always been first come first serve you can reserve a slip at the marina, but dropping the hook in the Cove is okay too. (and certainly entertaining watching all the other boats coming in going out having private parties out in the open when less than private) I believe they still have a water Taxi
https://www.chesapeakecity-md.gov/boaters/

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I've always tried to arrive before dark or as I call it the witching hour. far as I know it's always been first come first serve you can reserve a slip at the marina, but dropping the hook in the Cove is okay too. (and certainly entertaining watching all the other boats coming in going out having private parties out in the open when less than private) I believe they still have a water Taxi
https://www.chesapeakecity-md.gov/boaters/
I think the water taxi is done for the season.

Weather permitting, I'll arrive Thursday afternoon, so I'm hoping the bulkhead will have space unless snowbirds are camped out already. If so, I'll just drop the hook. My dinghy is put away for the season. While it would be nice to walk around town, I have no real need to get to shore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts