SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Gary Daggett. I am going to be purchasing a 25 - 30 ft boat next spring and I need to learn how to handle a boat that size on Lake Michigan. My experience has been on small cat rigged (sunfish type) and a 15ft sloop rig. I was hoping to be able to get some time on a boat as crew to learn the handling some of the ins and outs of a boat of that size. I manage a Cad and router department and have access to a full work shop so in return for some time on the water I could help with some of the upkeep of your boat. If you are in need of someone to help you bring your boat out of storage and get it to mooring I can also help with that. I am a very easy going personality. I have a wife and two young children and I am a very responsible and sober adult. If you are interested please post here or PM me with contact info. We could meet and discuss any opportunity over a cup of overpriced Starbucks (my treat). Thanks for taking a look at my post.

Gary Daggett

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
If I need grunt, I'll invite Maria Sharapova sailing.:D :D :D

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
I'd pick Liz Clark (the surfer) or Natasza Caban, seen below:

Mainly, because both of these women already know how to sail. :)

If I need grunt, I'll invite Maria Sharapova sailing.:D :D :D

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Gary, how are you at Yard (Boat Yard) work? I know somebody who could use help.

·
ASA and PSIA Instructor
4,299 Posts
You might PM SailChick20, she's also new to the game in your neighborhood, but she's gotta boat.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I'd pick Liz Clark (the surfer) or Natasza Caban, seen below:

Mainly, because both of these women already know how to sail. :)
Two questions:
  • Do they grunt?
  • Why do they need to sail?:p

·
Leap! The net will appear
234 Posts
Gary,

Don't listen to these jokers.

I sent you a PM....will be out working Thursday-Sunday (weather permitting) if you'd like to join the fun.

-Kristen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts